This topic contains 24 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of georgep georgep 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of rvigmusic
    rvigmusic
    Keymaster

How about a chapter on how to pick stocks ?  ;D

Profile photo of elantric
    elantric
    Participant

And how to incorporate in the Cayman Islands.

Oh and if you get around to it, how about documenting all the new YRG features and functions that missed getting in the last Manual.

Profile photo of MidiVox
    MidiVox
    Participant

Hi Everyone,
       Anything the old manual does not cover, all the new features, Fret Select, Custom Tuning, List of Drum Loops, some things for new people, like an example of how to setup Garage Band and say Calkwalk on the PC with the YRG. How to tell your software the YRG is your midi device.
      Information on the Control Panel, what is adjustable, and what happens when you change the control panel options.
      A list of YRG Favorite Internal Sound Layers. More information on the Digital Guitars, if the samples are taken from certain brand and model guitars which ones.
      An example or two of a famous song that uses the same chord progression in the Jam Tracks.
      How about a couple of good stories on how and why the YRG was designed and why it has the design features it has. How about a one paragraph bio on the YRG Designers, staff.
      How about a few photos in color since it will be a PDF Manual.
      An expanded FAQ organized by topic.
      Playing Tips for Midi Guitars, Digital Guitars, Guitar Synths.
      Neck Diagrams for each Jam Track scale and modes.
      For new guitarists, a diagram with explanation on how to read a chord diagram. What positions are and a little more beginneer information like one finds in beginning guitar books. In otherwords, expand whats on the excellent poster and duplicate the poster information for those who lose their poster.
    Happy You Rock Guitars
    Timothy Kelly
    MidiVox

Profile photo of deathmoleill
    deathmoleill
    Participant

Timothy has a lot of great recommendations and I agree with all. 
    I would be willing to spend a few dollars on a YRG for dummies as well.  I would prefer one written by the staff/makers/ engineers.
    I know there will be lots of information that won't fit in the owners manual.

Tom in Alaska

rvigmusic
    Keymaster

Thanks Tim & Tom, great suggestions…

Deathmole? What the devil is a deathmole?

Thanks,

KK

Quote:
    Timothy has a lot of great recommendations and I agree with all. 
    I would be willing to spend a few dollars on a YRG for dummies as well.  I would prefer one written by the staff/makers/ engineers.
    I know there will be lots of information that won't fit in the owners manual.

Tom in Alaska

Profile photo of Revey
    Revey
    Participant

-Document the use of holding down the Music button to get the battery power level status and firmware version.
    -Document the sleep power save mode if left turned on.
    -I think you have a typo for the mute bar for playing games (page 15).  It activates Star Power and does not build it as far as I can figure. 

Also consider printing your information poster on 2 pages instead of 1 back to back as I think many users would hang them on their wall.  If too expensive then consider puting the poster up for sale as an accessory. 

When the day comes for hardware changes I would consider a slide power switch instead of push button as it can easily be pushed even in the bag.

The guitar is absolutly awesome!  Thanks again.  Plan to post some You Tube videos soon.

Rich Everton

Profile photo of Revey
    Revey
    Participant

I would also add a close up diagram of the mute bar to reduce confusion.

My palm is generally not conductive enough to trigger the bar.  Usually requires me to have sweaty palms to active.  Perhaps maybe there will be an adjust ment in the future control panel??

Anyway, bottom line if anyone has the same problem they may assume the mute bar is missing without a better diagram in the manual.

Profile photo of mikel
    mikel
    Participant

I am waiting for a YRG to be shipped and in the meantime I would like to read the old manual. and I was wondering if this  can be dowloaded from your site

Profile photo of lxm
    lxm
    Participant

how to customize tunings that are ALREADY in the YGR.

Profile photo of jazz591
    jazz591
    Participant

how to adapt standard tuning down or up an octave

Profile photo of MidiVox
    MidiVox
    Participant

Hi Everyone,
        I have noted over the years when reading stacks of owners manuals, one almost never finds an index in any of them and even rarer, a how to index. So an index and also a How To Index would be great.
    Happy You Rock Guitars
    Timothy Kelly
    MidiVox

rvigmusic
    Keymaster

Keep up the great comments some excellent notes here.

K

rvigmusic
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Hi Everyone,
        I have noted over the years when reading stacks of owners manuals, one almost never finds an index in any of them and even rarer, a how to index. So an index and also a How To Index would be great.
    Happy You Rock Guitars
    Timothy Kelly
    MidiVox

I like the idea of the how to: That section could be 30 pages though! Since it does so much.
    Were having a big meeting on Monday to finalize the completion plan. If anyone's got anything else, now's the time.
    KK
    8)

Profile photo of MRKiammi
    MRKiammi
    Participant

also an explaination how to use Control panel App.
    what the different settings do.
    what to do and not to do in control panel.

make some default setups for gamers
    for music makers, for bas players.

Profile photo of Matera-the-Mad
    Matera the Mad
    Participant

Might want to divide it up into two or more separate manuals. One how-to, one more detailed. And another just for gamers, so I can skip that part ;)

And definitely, a good index!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar